Our partners have years of direct, hands-on real estate investing experience. Thinking of getting into the real estate market? Need an accountant to help you set up a tax efficient investment structure? Tap into our experience, both operationally and financially, as we have likely been in your shoes before.
Here’s some examples of what we can do for you:
- Assistance determining and setting up tax efficient investment structure
- Due diligence procedures on financial information provided by seller
- Cash flow forecasting and budgeting
- Assistance with lender financing applications
Tax Planning & Compliance
- Preparation of tax filings for corporations, joint ventures, partnerships and sole proprietorships
- Corporate reorganizations (e.g. section 85 rollovers, amalgamations, wind-ups, etc.)
- Maximizing interest deductibility
Bookkeeping and Business Support Services
- Bookkeeping and preparation of annual financial statements
- Payroll, WSIB and HST filings (where applicable)
- Return on investment (ROI), internal rate of return (IRR) and capitalization (cap) rate calculations
Assistance with Investment Property Sales
- Calculation of after-tax proceeds
- Preparation of financial reports for prospective purchasers
- Claiming of capital gains reserve where applicable
Non-Resident Property Owners
- Non-resident (NR4) tax withholding, remitting and reporting requirements
- Reduced Non-resident withholding application requests (NR6)
- Filing non-resident tax returns under section 216
- Given our partners’ personal experience in real estate investing as well as our exposure to clients who are active players in the market, we often come across various investment opportunities that may be of interest to you. If you would like to know more about such opportunities, please let us know.
Contact us today for a free no-obligation consultation.